FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
From: Sheriff Todd Entrekin Date: May 17, 2012
Etowah County Sheriff’s Office
SEX OFFENDER COMPLIANCE CHECK COMPLETE
Law enforcement agencies in Etowah County have completed a two-day sex offender compliance check, also known as ‘Operation ADAM-12’.
Operation ADAM-12 was conducted to verify that sex offenders in the County are in compliance with Alabama sex offender laws.
The following are final statistics from the operation:
· Total # of offenders: 178
· Total # of offenders verified: 177
· Total # of offenders not verified: 1
· Compliant offenders: 154
· Non-Compliant offenders: 23
· % of Non-Compliance: 13%
· # of offenders currently on State Probation: 49
· #of offenders currently on State Probation that were non-compliant: 8
· % of offenders currently on State Probation that were non-compliant: 16%
· # of Offenders determined Deceased: 2
· # of Offenders located in Jail: 3
During the operation three individuals were arrested. One individual was arrested on warrants of obstruction of justice and receiving stolen property, the second person was arrested on a warrant for first degree rape and the last individual was apprehended for unlawful possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of a weapon.
Agencies that participated in the operation include: the Etowah County Sheriff’s Office, Gadsden Police Department, U.S. Marshals Gulf Coast Regional Fugitive Task Force, FBI, Alabama Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, Attalla Police Department, Glencoe Police Department, Rainbow City Police Department, Southside Police Department, Alabama Probation and Parole (Gadsden) Office, and the Etowah County Drug Task Force.
A Message From The Sheriff
This site is maintained as a public service for the citizens of Etowah County. As Sheriff, it is my pleasure to serve you in this manner. If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact us.