Follow the Etowah County Sheriff's Office on social media to keep up to date on situations in the area, as well as safety and crime prevention tips.
The Etowah County Sheriff's Office social media pages are open to the public for viewing and participating. These pages are used to facilitate communication between the Etowah County Sheriff's Office and the public, and are not a public forum meant for citizens to communicate back and forth across message boards. The Sheriff's Office social media pages are not intended for communication concerning anything which requires the immediate need of a deputy, supervisor, medic, firefighter, or any other first responder, to report a crime or emergency, to report a suspected crime or suspect activity, to report a missing or endangered adult or child, to report a concern with an animal, to report a traffic accident or hazard, or for crime tips. These should all be communicated by 911 or by calling our main number, 256-546-2825. This page is not monitored 24 / 7.
The Etowah County Sheriff's Office reserves the right to remove, delete, or hide comments and reviews which are or include:
- Not directly related to the purpose and topical scope of the page
- Child pornography
- Incitement to imminent lawless action
- Speech presenting a grave and imminent threat
- Fighting words
- True threats
- Racism or hatred toward any person or group
- Defamation (libel/slander)
- Solicitations to commit, or speech integral to, criminal conduct
- Promotions or advertisements of business or commercial transactions
- Promotions in favor of, or in opposition to, a candidate campaigning for election to political office
- Copyrighted materials (if posted without the copyright holder's consent)
- Violating any local, state, or federal law
- Links to inappropriate websites
- Personal information about another person or violates a person's privacy
- Information which could harm the safety or well-being of one of our employees
The Etowah County Sheriff's Office reserves the right to modify or delete our posts at any time. Posts containing sensitive material, such as those containing juvenile or suspect information, are frequently modified, hidden, or removed after the person has been located or identified. This deletion will include all public commentary made on the posts.